Close this search box.

Race Updates for August & September

We are continually assessing the situation for mass participation events and guidance as it comes from the Government and our National Governing Body, UK Athletics (UKA), to be able to give you clear updates on our events for this year.  There is still too much uncertainty as to when events will be able to take place and what restriction will be placed on them.

UKA insure and licence our events, they are currently not sanctioning any events until the end of July and we suspect that timeframe will be extended again. With this in mind and the announcement last week that ‘staycations’ are allowed within the current lockdown rules, we have decided to postpone our Cranbourne event until 2021. This enables those already booked to enjoy a summer holiday if they wish over the bank holiday weekend and for us to get further guidance and advice on how to safely bring back mass participation events when deemed safe to do so.

The health, safety and welfare of our runners, volunteers, crew, partners and spectators is at the heart of everything we do and will always remains our priority. We feel a responsibility to protect everyone in our running community including our great medics, emergency services, landowners and local community who have always been so supportive.

We have yet to agree a provisional date for the 2021 event but are working hard to do so with the Landowner, so like many other events your entry and camping bookings are safe and will automatically be transferred to next years event.

If you wish to use any of your deferred or banked entries you have with us on our amazing Lockdown Frolic on Saturday 25th July then please email [email protected]  with the medal choice you’d like to select from the fabulous five available, see full event details here:  

Run Jurassic
The current update on Run Jurassic is that the Jurassic Coast Trust are due to be meeting many of the landowners, stakeholders and services involved with the area we run in at the end of the month. They will discuss if there is an appetite for the event to take place this year. This event like many of our races relies on a good working partnership with the local landowners and with the current pandemic situation we want to be sure Landowners are comfortable with lots of runners being on their land that creates their livelihoods.

As you’ll know the Jurassic Coast and SWCP is a unique place for us to run and we are really honoured to be in partnership with the Trust for this event. However it also brings it’s challenges one of which this year will be the ability to practice social distancing for these races. As soon as we can, we will let you know the outcome of that meeting and what is happening. we expect a decision in the next two weeks.

As always we’d like to thank you all for your patience and incredible support over the last few months and we look forward to welcoming you back with open arms as soon as it is safe to do so.

All previous and future race updates get shared on our Facebook page and the News section of our Website

Share this content

WSR Direct to your inbox